Members of the Lennox and Addington OPP have charged a driver with impaired driving.
On Nov. 23, just after 8 p.m., officers were dispatched to a traffic complaint regarding a vehicle driving erratically on Highway 401 eastbound in Tyendinaga Township.
Officers located the vehicle and conducted a traffic stop.
As part of the investigation, an Approved Screening Device (ASD) was administered, and the driver was subsequently arrested and transported to detachment for further testing.
A 58-year-old, of East Gwillimbury, Ontario, was charged with:
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
- Novice driver – B.A.C. above zero
- Driving while under suspension
- Novice driver fail to surrender licence
- Class G1 licence holder – unaccompanied by qualified driver
- Class G1 licence holder – drive on prohibited highway
The accused was released from custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Greater Napanee on Dec. 13, 2022. His licence was suspended for 90 days, and the vehicle was impounded for seven days.