The Lennox and Addington County Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) has charged two people with multiple criminal offences.
On Sept. 21, 2022, a search warrant was executed at an address on Edmon Street in Deseronto. Over 100 grams of cocaine, as well as a loaded handgun and ammunition, an air pistol, a taser, a spiked baseball bat, and other items were seized. A quantity of cash was also seized.
A 35 year old of Deseronto, and a 41 year old, of Belleville, were arrested and charged with:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – Cocaine
- Possession of loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
- Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
- Possession of a firearm knowing serial number has been tampered with
- Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition – two counts
- Possession of firearm or ammunition contrary to prohibition order-three counts
- Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5,000
Both accused were held in custody pending a bail hearing.