The following is a press release from KFLA Public Health:
On Monday, July 5, 2021, KFL&A Public Health officially declared a COVID-19 outbreak on Davies 5 unit at the Kingston General Hospital site of Kingston Health Sciences Centre.
KFL&A Public Health indicates that individuals who attended (visited) Davies 5 unit at the Kingston General Hospital between June 22 to July 5, 2021, may have been exposed to COVID-19. KFL&A Public Health recommends that individuals who have not been contacted by KFL&A Public Health related to this exposure to please do the following:
- Test at a local assessment centre as soon as possible.
- Continue to monitor for symptoms for 14 days from last exposure date.
- Seek testing and self-isolate if you become symptomatic.
As part of the COVID-19 case management and contact tracing process, KFL&A Public Health follows up with close contacts of individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19. If the contact tracing team are unable to identify close contacts of an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19, a public release may be issued to reach those contacts.
KFL&A Public Health encourages everyone to get fully vaccinated as soon as possible. We are expanding the options for those individuals who are eligible to book a COVID-19 vaccine appointment.
- Book your first or second dose vaccine appointment by visiting KFL&A Public Health’s website or call the booking centre at 343-477-0172.
- Walk-in first dose appointments available during clinic hours at INVISTA Centre and Strathcona Paper Centre for individuals 18 years of age and older.
- Walk-in first and second dose appointments available during the last hour of the vaccine clinic at INVISTA Centre and Strathcona Paper Centre for individuals 18 years of age and older. Vaccine clinic hours are listed on the agency’s website.
- Sign up once for the standby list at Strathcona Paper Centre and INVISTA Centre, if you require a first or second dose vaccine appointment.
- Sign up daily for the standby list at Kingston Community Health Centre, and Burr Gymnasium if you require a first dose vaccine appointment.