On March 29, 2021 at approximately 11:30 p.m. officers of the Lennox and Addington OPP stopped a vehicle travelling at a high rate of speed on Highway 401 East in Greater Napanee.
While interacting with the two occupants in the vehicle, the driver placed the vehicle in drive and fled. A short time later, officers utilized a tire deflation device and then subsequently conducted a rolling block on the vehicle, stopping it on Dundas Street West in Greater Napanee.
The driver and passenger were placed under arrest and a search of the vehicle revealed a quantity of illegal drugs and cash.
Police seized suspected fentanyl, cocaine and crystal methamphetamine along with nearly $2,500 in cash.
Police have charged a 30-year-old of Ottawa and a 40-year-old of Kingston with:
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance for the purpose of trafficking – Cocaine
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance for the purpose of trafficking – Crystal Methamphetamine
- Possession of a Schedule 1 Substance for the purpose of trafficking – Fentanyl
- Possession of Proceeds of Property obtained by crime
The 30-year-old was also charged contrary to the Criminal Code with:
- Dangerous Operation of a motor vehicle;
- Flight from police;
- Resist arrest; and
- Four counts of fail to comply with probation.