On Tuesday around 8 p.m. officers of the Lennox and Addington OPP observed a vehicle travelling eastbound on Hwy 401 at a high rate of speed.
Police stopped the vehicle near a Greater Napanee exit. As a result of the investigation L&A County OPP have charged a 27-year-old man from Kingston, contrary to the Criminal Code with:
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs,
- Operating a motor vehicle while over legal blood alcohol limit; and
- Possession of a Schedule III substance (mushrooms) contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
The accused was further charged under the Highway Traffic Act for:
- Driving a motor vehicle with an open container of liquor,
- Driving a motor vehicle with cannabis readily available,
- Driving a motor vehicle without a licence; and
- Stunt driving.