GNES respond to kitchen fire, no injuries reported

A Saturday evening kitchen fire on Dundas Street W in Napanee served as the perfect reminder for residents to keep an eye on the stove when cooking. 

Upon hearing a smoke alarm, a neighbour placed a call to 9-1-1. When GNES fire crew arrived on scene, they saw no smoke in the corridor leading to the unit of origin. Once inside crews removed the lone occupant and a smoldering pan from the stove. Crews ensured the fire was out before giving the apartment the all clear. The cause of the fire was unattended cooking. 

GNES took this opportunity during Fire Prevention Week to remind all residents that cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and home injuries. The leading cause of fires in the kitchen is unattended cooking.

When alerted to a fire, get out and stay out and never re-enter a burning building and call 9-1-1 to report a fire.

error: Content is protected !!