Officers with the Lennox and Addington County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to 196 calls for service in three days over the weekend. With the warmer weather approaching, OPP are asking the public to have fun, but exercise caution.
A seven year old child was struck by an off road vehicle on Saturday evening in the Napanee area. The child was transported to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Several area motorists were charged as well.
- An 18 year old Madoc male was charged with speeding, and issued a 3 day administrative licence suspension for registering a warn on a roadside alcohol screening device.
- A Kingston driver had her vehicle towed for no insurance and an expired validation sticker.
- A Kingston area motorcycle driver was charged with Careless Operation when a motorist called in a traffic complaint around 2:30 a.m. around Sunday morning.
- A 50-year-old Napanee woman was charged with “Change lane – not in safety” after a two vehicle collision that sent a local driver with an unspecified injury to the hospital on Sunday afternoon in Deseronto.
- A 55-year-old driver was stopped going 195 KM in a posted 100 KM zone on Hwy 401 on Saturday evening around 11 p.m. The driver was charged for driving under suspension as well.