Preparing for upcoming playoffs, the Napanee Midget BB Stars topped off a perfect season with their 20th win, 6-0 over Frontenac. Murray Craig earned the shutout, while getting two goals each from Ryan Kirkpatrick and Adam Burger, and singles from Josh Wyville, and Caden Holmes.
– The Napanee Exit Realty Acceleration Bantam BB Stars had a second place finish, with a tight 1-0 win in the County on Sunday. The Stars controlled much of the play, spending extended time in the PEC end. Marshall Maracle scored the winner, assisted by Zach Slaven. Ryan Aldridge earned the shutout between the posts.
– With a solid 12-1 win facing Stirling, the Joyce’s Meat and Deli Atom Stars finished their league play with a flawless 22 wins and a first place finish. They got goals from Kohen Cutler (three), Sophie Fraser (two), Tivon James (two), Matt Airhart, Wyatt Whalen, Wyatt Albright, Lucas Asselstine and Ben Kerr.
– The Napanee Peewee BB Stars had road games in Norwood and Brighton to end regular league play. Friday, they topped Norwood 4-2, but were edged 3-2 in Brighton. They finished first in their grouping as a result of their 20-2 record.
– The Napanee Novice BB Stars hosted Prince Edward County on their final weekend. Keagan York gave them all the offence they needed scoring a hat trick in the 3-0 win, while Matthew Travers earned the shutout. They ended league play at 11-9, and are in a group of six teams in preliminary playdowns.
– The Napanee L&A Mutual Insurance Atom AE team had a strong game in the County tying 2-2, and but were shut out 6-0 facing Loyalist at the Strathcona Paper Centre. Lindsay will be their matchup in the playoffs.
– The Napanee Peewee AE squad, playing up a level, still managed a 6-16 record as they prepare for playdowns in a group with Ennismore, Lindsay, and Newcastle.